- K8s Pod
- K8s Deployment
- K8s Service
- Walkthrough of GKE
- Demo app deployment using deployments and a load balancer service
What is Kubernetes?
Kubernetes, also known as K8s, is an open-source container orchestration platform used to automate and manage the deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. In simple words, Kubernetes can be thought of as a system that makes it easier to manage and run applications that are packaged in containers.
What is Kubernetes Pod?
Smallest deployable units of computing that can be created and managed in Kubernetes.
What is Kubernetes Deployment?
A resource object that provides declarative updates to applications.
What is Kubernetes Service?
An abstract way to expose pods that run applications.
Types of Services
- ClusterIP (default): Internal clients send requests to a stable internal IP address.
- NodePort: Clients send requests to the IP address of a node on one or more nodePort values that are specified by the Service.
- LoadBalancer: Clients send requests to the IP address of a network load balancer.
What is GKE(Google Kubernetes Engine)?What are its features?
GKE is a Google-managed implementation of the Kubernetes open source container orchestration platform. Kubernetes was developed by Google, drawing on years of experience operating production workloads at scale on Borg, our in-house cluster management system.
- Better Security and Networking
- Pod and cluster autoscaling
- Workload and network security
- Prebuilt Apps and Templates
- Ease of Migration
Alias k-kubectl is a way to create a shorthand alias for the kubectl command, which is used to interact with Kubernetes clusters. By using an alias, you can save time and keystrokes when running kubectl commands.